Feeling a little bloated after the holidays? Take comfort that those granny panties could save a life, just like the extra-roomy bloomers of a London woman. The lady’s lingerie was the first thing her nephew grabbed out of the laundry when their breakfast went up in flames, according to officials. The nephew ran the underwear under the faucet, then flopped them over the flames, which put the fire out.
The grateful woman was glad no one was hurt, and also pleased that her ‘knickers saved the day,’ although the heroic hotpants were badly damaged in the line of duty. Bet someone’s getting new underwear for their birthday!